Go to footer

Track Day 04 March 2012

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Track Day 04 March 2012

Postby leyland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Ok Guys,
At last the event that many of you have been asking about since we last were there. We have organised our annual trip to Kartworld Watergrasshill, Co Cork for the 04 March 2012 starting at 9am and finishing at mid-day. We will also have an interval for breakfast and coffee in the club house during the event.
This event is open to all members and will be run to the usual safety standards. We can travel to the venue in convoy where possible and signing on this year will be at Kartworld through the new electronic system in place.

Places will be limited so d'ont leave it too late and let us know of your attendance as soon as possible.

This will be run as a fun event and we will cater for all drivers and their comfort zone on the day.

Regards
John 086 0893920 Richard 087 8074203
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:18 am

I'll be there Richard & John ;)
Sending a club text out tomorrow for it and next week also.
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: Track Day 04 March 2012

Postby leyland » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks Ferg,
So far there is great interest in the event and it looks like we will have a good attendance. We will be having a draw on the day and the lucky driver will be able to take part in the event for free as part of their winnings.

Richard
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:26 pm

This could be a good time to kill what little rubber's left on the back of my Smart!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby Bawnee » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:23 pm

It's my weekend to work so can't make it, enjoy!
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Masterbiker » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:40 am

I will so be there, sign me up please!! (also a good time for me to pay ferg my membership renewal)

When you say track day, will we have our own cars on the track?

If so I think I should get some sportier break pads before this :D

Oh and sorry Ger, I can't afford that works break kit yet :(
Masterbiker

Postby Owen » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Break means to break something in two, brake pads are on your car ;)

TBH, in my crappy opinion, you don't need anything more than standard pads and discs for the likes of watergrasshill. If you were on a mental run in Kerry with Ger out front, then you need something with stopping power. Keeping up with him made the brakes on my old works fade pretty fast. Proving yet again that a Cooper S has no advantage on Irish roads at all, any speed you make up on the straights you end up having to lose time on in the corners scrubbing off speed with the brakes.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby leyland » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:13 am

As already stated we leave it to drivers to go out and have a bit of fun on the track at the pace they are happy. We will cater for everyone that turns up on the day weather you want to drive on a little or take it nice and handy just getting the feel of your car in an ideal location. A standard mini is all that is needed for this event. If we see anything that breaches the safety standards expected we just take that driver off the track without any questions. From experience we know what 3 cars we will leave out together at a time. Remember if you want to experience a little extra you can sit in with someone else who has been there before. Remember also to have enough fuel as you could be driving for 2 hours or more if you wish to. Signing in will take about 10 mins and we will then give a drivers briefing. After the briefing we will all drive around the track for a photo shoot and get people to know where they are going.Also important to note that we cannot leave a car onto the track that has any obvious oil leaks.
We will update you with any more information coming up to the event.
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:35 am

This a great opportunity to get used to your car and know what it will do in a skid situation etc and all on closed roads so very safe.
It is a great fun day out and for a track day it costs very little compared to official track days ie: Mondello etc.
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby bomber01 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Only a week to go to this great day out !. I hear there will be two smart mini derivatives
On the track along with MINIS and minis , so don’t miss out on this one , the rules are simple as above for a safe fun day out , Look up “MiNis on Track “ in the completed Events Section and see what fun we have had with previous events... ..
See you there.
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/lancasterj/IMG_2173.jpg[/IMG]
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby Jonknight » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Gutted I cant make this, have a family do to attend that day :1icon_cry: .
Hope it's a great day for everyone!
Jonknight

Postby Masterbiker » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Owen wrote:Break means to break something in two, brake pads are on your car ;)

Thanks, I knew I was spelling it wrong, but couldn't put my finger on what.

Will helmets be required? If so, Aldi has a special on for a motorcycle helmet for €35 and supposedly E rated. If I still had a motorbike, I would consider spending a lot more on a helmet though.
Masterbiker

Postby bomber01 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 pm

no hemets required ... but if you have one ..it would be advisable to use it as a extra safety precaution.!!!
Got your PM . A. OK.

J
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/lancasterj/IMG_2173.jpg[/IMG]
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby leyland » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Jonknight wrote:Gutted I cant make this, have a family do to attend that day :1icon_cry: .
Hope it's a great day for everyone!

Might be worth thinking about still turning up as the event is from 9 - 12. You will have plenty of track time up to 10.30am to satisfy yourself. You could be home for mid-day for your family event at ease.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby leyland » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:18 pm

As John has pointed out helmets are allowed at your own choice. Kartworld will also provide these should you require to use one.
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events