Go to footer

Boyne Valley Run.

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby Derfinn » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

We really were blessed with the weather!
Thanks to all who travelled, I appreciate that you were my guinea pigs! And thanks for understanding about the nerves!!!! Was petrified this morning....damn runs, having to give an opening brief!!!

I'm glad that the roads were okay, and I'm glad that the falconry went down well! Haha! How lucky was that!

Dec said his highlight were the waffles at Tara, so looks like we'll be heading back there again!!!

Thanks again everyone, I've already got a route in my head for Run2......! Safe home!
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Boyne Valley Run.

Postby AdyP » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 am

Wow, that was a great day out, cheers for doing such a great job organising it! We are certainly paying for the good weather today anyway! :)

I was also impressed with you arranging for one of the local biker gangs to hang out on the road side to wave us all through, and the custom VW event that gave us all some great ideas for our own cars...skull exhaust anyone?

Brilliant to see you all so far North, a great club success for the MiniClub of Ireland MINI Clubman Club!

Adrian
AdyP

Postby Paulie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 am

Derek, thanks for a great run, we really enjoyed it.
Fantastic to see new sights, it's a lovely part of the country.
Paulie.
Paulie
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Bawnee » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

I have to say for a first run it went off faultless. The delay at the start just gave me more time to soak up the Atmosphere! You did great. That was my first time up further than Dublin. Really enjoyed seeing the sights, whether it be Slane where i saw G&R for the first time.. Then the Hill of Tara and lots more besides. The hightlight of the trip for me was the huge pig in the corner of the house, it was massive.... Think photo was taken to prove the fact. All the cars were gleaming and yes we saw Bikes, trikes, VW's with attitude and MCOI members posing for captions and local reactions. Had a great day, lovely to see everyone and feel so welcome. Well worth the exhaustion i felt when i eventally sat down back in Wexford. Run 2, bring it on, count me in! Yes there were 4 clubmans on this run, the most i've seen on a run in fact. (stopping typing now!)!! Cheers! :blob5:
Bawnee

Postby Sportspack-Mark » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:17 am

Im gutted I missed this Derek :( We had a big Mini weekend on in Portrush and I had a hotel booked and entry fee paid. Other than that you can be rest assured I would of been there!

Can ya do it again? :D
Sportspack-Mark

Postby Derfinn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:02 pm

That's understood Mark!

I knew you'd have been there is you could. Should have checked dates beforehand, should have realised the Causeway Coast was coming up. I remember the stories of the freezing cold from last year (and the year before!!!!)

If ever you want to do the run, sure let me know!
Derfinn

Postby Sportspack-Mark » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:31 pm

I can ask the crew on tM if they would be up for a run down some time! we need a run out.....
Sportspack-Mark

Postby Derfinn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Okay....

There could be an informal re-run of the route.

The date of the run clashed with the Causeway Coast Mini weekend, so some of the NI guys have indicated they world like to go for a spin.

Would anyone else be interested? Possibly thinking the Bank Holiday Sunday.
Derfinn

Postby Sportspack-Mark » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Me Me Me :D
Sportspack-Mark

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events