Go to footer

Garnish Island run

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Garnish Island run

Postby mini87 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi all!
Myself and Sarah have a great run coming at the end of April to blast us into the summer season!
We will be taking a trip to the beautiful Garnish Island near Glengariff! This will be a full day out with a run down to the port where we will have secure parking for our pride and joys. We will take a quick ferry (with tour of the bay) over to the island and (weather depending) we will have a picnic or visit the coffee shop. The island boasts the most amazing gardens so you will need your camera along with comfortable shoes and raincoats (hopefully wont need them!). After we have toured the island we will be picked up again by ferry and brought back to our cars before the drive home.
The fun will take place on Sunday the 28th of April, stay tuned for more details!

http://www.garnishisland.com/
mini87
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Garnish Island run

Postby oliver » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:15 pm

This sounds like a good day out Amy. I think I will be off that day too.
oliver

Postby leyland » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 am

I have visited the island before and this should be a great day, Pity but I am working that weekend so will not make it.

Leyland
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby TBi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Sounds great, some fantastic roads down around there. Especially the road from Kenmare to Glengariff and Healy pass. I'll say it to the missus!
TBi
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby MiniMpi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:31 pm

***UPDATE***
MCOI Garnish Island Mini Run,
Sun 28th April,
Meeting at Topaz Lissarda Cork at10am,
Boat to the Island & Picnic, so please bring your own food (sandwiches, drinks etc for the picnic) and the cost of the boat trip which will be announced soon.
For FULL Details please Contact Amy on 0860729137
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby mini87 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi all just an update ferry tour of the bay and drop off at Garinish island is a special rate of €8 for an adult with under 16s free. There will be a small admission fee when we get to the island €5 around for adults with family rates and child rates available. Please wear comfortable grippy shoes for walking and getting into and out of the ferries and a rain coat (just in case!)
Hopefully the weather will be good to us! Keep fingers crossed!
mini87

Postby mini87 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:32 am

I hope everyone is ready for tomorrow! The route is mapped and the ferry is ready to whisk us away! The weather is looking good overall but we are expecting a few showers in the morning so bring plenty of warm clothes and a rain coat to be safe! Also don't forget there is a picnic on the island (and a coffee shop in case anyone forgets) so bring plenty of treats! Also be sure to wear comfortable grippy shoes for the ferry and walk around the island! No high heels ladies! See you all at lissarda at 10am! Beep beep!
mini87

Postby mini87 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi all!

Thanks to everyone who came to our Garnish Island run today! We had a great turn out with 9 minis and 1 GTI in attendance! We travelled from lissarda to inchigeela along lough allua and onto gougane barra where we took a quick stop before onto Glengariff. We were haunted with the weather and the sun came out just as we rolled into Glengariff bay! Thanks to everyone for bringing baked goodies and other treats to the picnic (Christine that fruit salad was really yummy and helped me feel like I was being someway healthy before wolfing down Sarah and Marie's cookies!). Thanks to the boys in Blue Pool ferries for looking after us with a tour of the bay (watching for seals) as well as our passage to the island. Thanks also to the staff of Garnish island for being so welcoming and helpful. The day was amazing with great company, sunny skies and beautiful surroundings. Top marks for planking of the day goes to Oliver with his epic top-of-tower-umbrella-plank! Thanks again to Ger and Chris for hosting our after-run take away and banter!
Thanks again to everyone for coming along, it was a pleasure as always!
Pictures will follow shortly!
Amy :)
mini87

Postby oliver » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks Amy for the great run today.
oliver

Postby mini87 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Photos :)