Go to footer

Photography Event Idea

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Photography Event Idea

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:10 pm

I know many People enjoy taking pics of their minis and I personally am totally dim as regards how to take decent pics , I think it might be a good idea to organise a get together and take some pics and swap tips etc , I would like to be able to take some 'night shots ' you know the kind , old buildings / bridges , etc in the background with the MINI really bright in the front of frame .so who is up to organise it ? any 'special' lighting needed etc .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:12 pm

Well, as an SLR user, the trick to most special photography would be good exposure values, the correct apeture settings, and ISO settings. I completely love the use of long exposures on a Tripod. For example, you could have someone's MINI static, take the shot, and have people walk around it a few times. You'll get Ghosts around the car, but the car and the background will be perfect.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:15 pm

Owen wrote:Well, as an SLR user, the trick to most special photography would be good exposure values, the correct apeture settings, and ISO settings. I completely love the use of long exposures on a Tripod. For example, you could have someone's MINI static, take the shot, and have people walk around it a few times. You'll get Ghosts around the car, but the car and the background will be perfect.

Well You seem to know all the 'buzzwords' are You volunteering ?
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:17 pm

Volunteering is a word I'm usually unable to pronounce. IF, and this is a big if, I have some free time, I will volunteer alright, but it would be a great idea to invite the photography heads from boards.ie to come along, they're always looking for models, and new ideas to shoot, and a lot are based in Cork, etc. They'd be happy to share the fruits of their labour too!
Owen

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:19 pm

Sounds good , I think that would benefit us as we could watch how its done and share the pics etc , can You make the contacts needed ?
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:19 pm

Consider it done.
Owen

Postby irlmin » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:59 pm

Owen wrote:Consider it done.

Owen I know You have made the approaches to the photo Guys any idea on when We could do this .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:19 pm

We've several events planned at the moment Ger, we'd be saturated to have another one so soon. We've the Table Quiz, and then Paulie's run. I'm thinking we should hold the Photography in the day time, and perhaps in Feb. Location ideas guys?
Owen

Postby Sparkie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:53 pm

Owen wrote:We've several events planned at the moment Ger, we'd be saturated to have another one so soon. We've the Table Quiz, and then Paulie's run. I'm thinking we should hold the Photography in the day time, and perhaps in Feb. Location ideas guys?

gougane Barra's nice, on a good day..
[img]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/Markies_pics/SR022606-1.jpg[/img]
Sparkie
I posted the 11111th Post!

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Owen wrote:We've several events planned at the moment Ger, we'd be saturated to have another one so soon. We've the Table Quiz, and then Paulie's run. I'm thinking we should hold the Photography in the day time, and perhaps in Feb. Location ideas guys?

The navel base in Ringaskiddy, you have the water, you have the navel ships, and you have whats left of Irish Steel for that industrial look.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby Owen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:48 pm

1lightningd wrote:The navel base in Ringaskiddy, you have the water, you have the navel ships, and you have whats left of Irish Steel for that industrial look.

That's a great idea Alvin, do you know the powers that be to allow us access?
Owen

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:56 pm

Owen wrote:
1lightningd wrote:The navel base in Ringaskiddy, you have the water, you have the navel ships, and you have whats left of Irish Steel for that industrial look.

Its a tricky one...............I have landed myself in some hot water down there in recent times but leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. :wink:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:41 pm

1lightningd wrote:
Owen wrote:

Its a tricky one...............I have landed myself in some hot water down there in recent times but leave it with me and I'll see what I can do. :wink:

" HOT water" is that what you call it :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby iwanagofast » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:39 am

Any more news on this, if ye are looking for the base i'd say I could sort it out, I've a few connections. If it doesn't work out I can defo sort out the collage with base in the backround
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Owen » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:22 pm

Brilliant Rob, anything you could do to help would be mighty, we could then pick an evening, and go ahead and do it.
Owen

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events