Go to footer

St Patricks Day Event, Fermoy!

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

St Patricks Day Event, Fermoy!

Postby irlmin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Following many questions from Members re St Patricks Day Parade 07 I can announce that thanks to the efforts of Kevin Ring We are taking part in the Fermoy Parade . further details will be posted here including meeting point / format etc , We are looking at making the event a 'showcase' for the MCOI and would ask members to send in their ideas on what we should consider , perhaps a 'Fancy dress ' type of show with both the cars and members dressed in honour of the Day , please post any ideas you may have .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby leyland » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Should be good fun. Could be a good day to promote the club down north Cork direction. How many cars are we restricted to, do you know ?
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:41 pm

25 Minis.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby Owen » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:45 pm

Yup, 25 MINIs and Minis, it's all on the front page!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby 1lightningd » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:48 pm

It will be nice to be in Fermoy with all the minis alright, and we have the big Banner for out in front so no-one will miss us.

What about a run after? Kevin Ring brought us on a nice little run and a hill clime down that way a couple of years ago. Out past Mr. Flatley's house and along the river, we could do that again!
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:51 pm

1lightningd wrote:It will be nice to be in Fermoy with all the minis alright, and we have the big Banner for out in front so no-one will miss us.

What about a run after? Kevin Ring brought us on a nice little run and a hill climb down that way a couple of years ago. Out past Mr. Flatley's house and along the river, we could do that again!

We were thinking of what Town to attend the St Patricks Day Parade this Year and I must say I was delighted when Kevin called to say He had sorted it for us to attend the Fermoy parade , We have several members in the area and I am sure they will be delighted to drive their Minis and MINIs on the route and enjoy the fun .
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby jimskater » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:44 pm

1lightningd wrote:It will be nice to be in Fermoy with all the minis alright, and we have the big Banner for out in front so no-one will miss us.

What about a run after? Kevin Ring brought us on a nice little run and a hill clime down that way a couple of years ago. Out past Mr. Flatley's house and along the river, we could do that again!

Is that Flatley the dancer? Knew of him & distantly knew his sister Oona & brother Patrick back in Chicago years ago. Took step dancing from the same teacher.

<---having now revealed a deep dark secret from a past life, I'll get me hat. :P :P
[img]http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/754/gp_delivery_photos_mtts_227_sig_2_.jpg[/img]
jimskater
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:15 pm

jimskater wrote:

Is that Flatley the dancer? Knew of him & distantly knew his sister Oona & brother Patrick back in Chicago years ago. Took step dancing from the same teacher.

<---having now revealed a deep dark secret from a past life, I'll get me hat. :P :P

Bad move Jim , I can see it now ------>Kerry in May , Jim 'feet of Flames ' Gallagher doing a reel or jig at 5am on the main street of Sneem locals shouting from the windows " will someone take that F**king eejit who thinks he's Michael Flatley away and put him to bed " .btw Jim You should have stuck to the dancing , Flatley is worth over a Billion € now .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby jimskater » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:33 pm

irlmin wrote:Bad move Jim , I can see it now ------>Kerry in May , Jim 'feet of Flames ' Gallagher doing a reel or jig at 5am on the main street of Sneem locals shouting from the windows " will someone take that F**king eejit who thinks he's Michael Flatley away and put him to bed " .btw Jim You should have stuck to the dancing , Flatley is worth over a Billion € now .
G

Won't happen, my knees went years ago.

Didn't stick with the dancing precisely because I'm NOT M Flatley.
[img]http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/754/gp_delivery_photos_mtts_227_sig_2_.jpg[/img]
jimskater

Postby irlmin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:07 pm

jimskater wrote:
irlmin wrote:Bad move Jim , I can see it now ------>Kerry in May , Jim 'feet of Flames ' Gallagher doing a reel or jig at 5am on the main street of Sneem locals shouting from the windows " will someone take that F**king eejit who thinks he's Michael Flatley away and put him to bed " .btw Jim You should have stuck to the dancing , Flatley is worth over a Billion € now .
G

Won't happen, my knees went years ago.

Didn't stick with the dancing precisely because I'm NOT M Flatley.

Oh I am sure it will happen !!!!! When You get more Guinness than blood flowing through Your veins anything is possible !!! remember We saw You the last time You visited Ireland !!!
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby jimskater » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:27 am

irlmin wrote:remember We saw You the last time You visited Ireland !!!
G

Well, you could be right. But it won't happen in Sneem, even if you ply me with successive pints of that brown concoction that a few of you managed to pizen me with. Guinnets' or summat like that.

Killybegs, maybe. But not Sneem. Then, at least, it would be a fitting tribute to my sainted grandmother's family.

Waterford & Mayo are possibilities, too. But not Sneem.

Can you see a big lout like me getting light in the loafers in a town named Sneem?

Nope. Me, either.

Meaning no disrespect to the town, you know. I figure if I'm going to (step) dance in Ireland that I'll have to do it in an oh-so-American effort to honor the ancestors. Even then, it'll probably cause accusations of dancing on a grave. It'll be an old sod dancing on the auld sod--especially if you, or someone like you, plies me with that filthy brew.

:roll: :P

<----secretly drooling in anticipation. Feck the Harp's. Screw the Heineken. Gimme some of that old time religion---Guinness!
Last edited by jimskater on Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimskater

Postby AidenL » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:50 am

:lol: :lol:

Looking forward to Jims dance extravaganza ! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby jimskater » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:42 pm

AidenL wrote::lol: :lol:

Looking forward to Jims dance extravaganza ! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great, an audience. :roll: :roll:

This is so not going to happen. I'd have to get up to my mother's to pick up the kilt. Then figure out how to lose 50lbs between now & May.

Then I'd have to be drunk enough to pack the kilt. I suppose my driving shoes could sub as my dancing shoes, but then what?

Alvie would see me in a skirt, mistake me for a Latvian trannie and expect me to be his date to the end of run party. 8O 8O

Nope, it's not gonna happen.

:twisted: :lol:

Besides, it'd take enough guinness to make me legless to get me to dance. What would be the point?
jimskater

Jim Kilter

Postby leyland » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:58 pm

Jim,
We have the kilt sorted as it has an elastic waste line, May be a highland kilt so hope you do not mind. Looking forward to the exhibition in Sneem.
Regards
Leyland
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Jim Kilter

Postby jimskater » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:11 pm

leyland wrote:Jim,
We have the kilt sorted as it has an elastic waste line, May be a highland kilt so hope you do not mind. Looking forward to the exhibition in Sneem.
Regards
Leyland

A Highland kilt? Then I'd have to go commando & run the risk of bruising the manly bits while (step) dancing??? I don't think so. :roll:

I keep telling you, it's not happening. Especially not in Sneem. The name of the town is so Dr. Suess-ian. I mignt as well frolic in Who-ville, skipping through the town square hand in hand with Cindy Lou Who.

Besides, a highland kilt with an elastic waistband is not a kilt. It's a catholic girl's school skirt. Can you picture me in one? I can't. I'd have to roll the waistband over 3 or 4 times to get the proper look, so it would have to be really strong elastic. Along the lines of the cables on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Nope, not going to happen.
jimskater

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events