Go to footer

Mini In The Park

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Mini In The Park

Postby irlmin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:01 pm

Mini in the Park 2007 is announced , its at Santa Pod raceway this Year and is on August 19th . venue change is not a good idea in My opinion and I am worried about the show , I feel the organisers have not been up to the job with a while , 2006 at Cornbury Park was poorly organised and had NO Soul !!! . Minimag should remember without the Clubs there would be no show and a bit of creative thinking would result in a brilliant Day out for everyone . Personally I enjoyed the show as it was Our first visit as the MCOI and We really did make a good impression . traders were complaining the 'pitches' were just too expensive and several I spoke to felt they would be reluctant to return as they were working to pay the overhead . Santa Pod will have some time on the drag strip as well as a fun fair etc BUT I personally am worried it will just be too commercial . what does everyone think ?
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Mini In The Park

Postby madbrummie » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:52 pm

irlmin wrote:Mini in the Park 2007 is announced , its at Santa Pod raceway this Year and is on August 19th . venue change is not a good idea in My opinion and I am worried about the show , I feel the organisers have not been up to the job with a while , 2006 at Cornbury Park was poorly organised and had NO Soul !!! . Minimag should remember without the Clubs there would be no show and a bit of creative thinking would result in a brilliant Day out for everyone . Personally I enjoyed the show as it was Our first visit as the MCOI and We really did make a good impression . traders were complaining the 'pitches' were just too expensive and several I spoke to felt they would be reluctant to return as they were working to pay the overhead . Santa Pod will have some time on the drag strip as well as a fun fair etc BUT I personally am worried it will just be too commercial . what does everyone think ?
G

the last 2 years at Cornbury have been rubbish, as you say no soul. The one at Silverstone the year before wasn't much better :(

Don't think i'll bother this year, think i'll stay in the Cotswolds hotel and chill! :D
madbrummie
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:46 pm

Was just reading about it today in MiniMag.
Hard to say if it will be any better and hopefully not any worse :roll:
It was my first time at Mini in the Park last year,and while it was exciting to be there with our new club and I did get a few tasty bits for my Mini :D
I wasn't overly impressed with the show as a whole and I was probably going to give it a miss this time round,but with the new venue now and stuff I just don't know what to think to be honest.
There are probably better shows to go to instead maybe???
Fergal.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby leyland » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:12 pm

The show was down on other years for sure. Maybe the new venue will generate better interest this year. Remember its not only the show that makes it but the fact that the club are on tour.
Leyland
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby bomber01 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Having been at M.T.P. when it was staged at Silverstone I felt that it was
disapointing , it was like being at a totally different show and I feel that
the same will happen at Santa Pod. Cornbury is the right place for
M.I.T.P. and the organisers should work on improving the organisational
and monetary side of things to attract more Clubs , for instance I was
invoiced 3 times for 2006 tickets and in each case for different
ammounts even though they were already paid. !!

Concerned and about M.T.P. 2007 at Santa Pod this year.

j.l.
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events