Go to footer

Iphone/Ipod touch stuff...

All off-topic stuff goes here, movies you've seen, motorbike chat, restaurant recommendations, jokes, etc.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Iphone/Ipod touch stuff...

Postby Si » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Thought would be fab to have a thread on stuff regarding the iphone and the ipod touch. Esp after Owens fab new discovery on the hand held Dyno !

To start off....did anyone know that v1.1.5 is out now ?? I know v2 is out, but i just had a thing pop up saying upgrade now to 1.1.5...well for those that dont know, im jailbreaked with 1.1.4, meaning my touch can do so much more...but dont want to loose that option :(

Owen, the ipod master...any thoughts ???
EssentialMINI.co.uk
The original dash light modder....
Si
Site Admin

Postby Owen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:53 am

Watch this space Si, I'm meeting a guy this week who's upgraded his first gen iPhone to 2.02 and unlocked and jailbroken it. He's going to give me a how to!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby Bawnee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Ref. Ipod Touch: There's lots of good freebies to be had off iTunes, just go to the part that has iTouch info, it'll be in the iTunes Store..... Mileage stuff.. the iPint's great fun..... Lots there .. worth checking out!! Did i say lots free, or as cheap as chips!! Good luck with meeting Owen.. Take notes! :cheers:
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Si » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Owen wrote:Watch this space Si, I'm meeting a guy this week who's upgraded his first gen iPhone to 2.02 and unlocked and jailbroken it. He's going to give me a how to!

keep me in the loop Owen, im almost tempted just to go back to standard and upgrade then to 2.0, just for the DYNO app alone !
EssentialMINI.co.uk
Si
Site Admin

Postby Owen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Fingers crossed it'll work for me tonight. Or I'll have no phone. One of the two!
Owen

Postby Owen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:54 pm

Well, it appears to have worked, I'm on firmware 2.0.1, with the phone unlocked, and jailbroken, but they've now got a program called Cydia for installing unofficialy programs rather than the old installer.app - and as a result, there's not as many unofficial programs to install. I'm working on a way to re-install installer.app, but the good news is I can get Dynolicios for my iPhone too Si :)
Owen

Postby Si » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Owen wrote:Well, it appears to have worked, I'm on firmware 2.0.1, with the phone unlocked, and jailbroken, but they've now got a program called Cydia for installing unofficialy programs rather than the old installer.app - and as a result, there's not as many unofficial programs to install. I'm working on a way to re-install installer.app, but the good news is I can get Dynolicios for my iPhone too Si :)

ha ha, well, before i read this post i decided to upgrade to 2.0 anyway....but now im even happier ! :king:

So dynolicious is just a few mins away now once i have sync`d all my old stuff back across :cheers:

Owen, ever thought of "IPOC" I Pod Owners Club ??? lol
EssentialMINI.co.uk
Si
Site Admin

Postby Owen » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 pm

lol, not the worst idea! I upgraded to 2.0.2 today, there's a new tool called Quickpwn which has a graphical front end. You basically install winpwn, download the latest firmware, restore the latest firmware using iTunes, then run Quickpwn, point it to the firmware file, and it'll break the iPhone in less than 5 mins.
Owen

Postby Si » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Owen wrote:lol, not the worst idea! I upgraded to 2.0.2 today, there's a new tool called Quickpwn which has a graphical front end. You basically install winpwn, download the latest firmware, restore the latest firmware using iTunes, then run Quickpwn, point it to the firmware file, and it'll break the iPhone in less than 5 mins.

you make it sound oh so easy !! Got the Dynolicious on now,,,,wow its amazing !!
EssentialMINI.co.uk
Si
Site Admin

Postby ONED » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:44 pm

I wish I knew WTF you 2 were on about!? :pale:
ONED

Postby irlmin » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:24 pm

The Diesel has no power to measure anyway , so Dynalicious is no good to You Barry :cheers: :cheers:
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby ONED » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:09 pm

The D is still the pick of the Coopers! :blackeye:
ONED

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Dont worry Barry. He'll be driving one of them next.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:26 pm

I would Walk 1st
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby ONED » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Famous last words!
ONED