Go to footer

Well, my bike's gone, new one is on the way!

All off-topic stuff goes here, movies you've seen, motorbike chat, restaurant recommendations, jokes, etc.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Well, my bike's gone, new one is on the way!

Postby Owen » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:49 pm

Well, my Motorbike is now gone, the new owner is happy, and she looked fantastic. I took about 30 photos of her before she went, and I'll miss the bike a lot ...

... BUT I'm off to London on Wednesday morning to collect my Ducati, and I can't wait. I know this is a lot off topic, but I'm very very excited about it all :D This must be what it's like to have to spend money on a car!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: Well, my bike's gone, new one is on the way!

Postby irlmin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:56 pm

Owen wrote:Well, my Motorbike is now gone, the new owner is happy, and she looked fantastic. I took about 30 photos of her before she went, and I'll miss the bike a lot ...

... BUT I'm off to London on Wednesday morning to collect my Ducati, and I can't wait. I know this is a lot off topic, but I'm very very excited about it all :D This must be what it's like to have to spend money on a car!

Congrats Owen , good to see the 'ricer' bike gone and the 'real' bike coming . I think the Ducati 916 is one of the most beautiful and perfect bits of engineering in the bike world . it is the type of bike You would put in Your front room just to look at it . best of luck with Your new toy and I predict You bought at the right time as 916s are just turning and will be on the up soon .
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:59 pm

Yup, judging by values, it seems that 916's are going up in value for the immediate future. I'll miss the 160Bhp of the Blackbird, that's for sure, and the rapid 0-60 of 2.4 secs, but hey, the Duke will do it in 3, so that's okay too, and it's a V-Twin, so it'll be really loud.

I'm hoping Aidan will be maintaining his own one, so I can get him to do my cam belts when the time comes :-)
Owen

Postby irlmin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:07 pm

Owen wrote:Yup, judging by values, it seems that 916's are going up in value for the immediate future. I'll miss the 160Bhp of the Blackbird, that's for sure, and the rapid 0-60 of 2.4 secs, but hey, the Duke will do it in 3, so that's okay too, and it's a V-Twin, so it'll be really loud.

I'm hoping Aidan will be maintaining his own one, so I can get him to do my cam belts when the time comes :-)

Yeah i think He is talking about putting it in the front room , it has aftermarket race exhausts and race clutch etc , You know Ducatis 'party piece - the noise / racket of the Vtwin makes car alarms go off , just wait and see .
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby J_NeoN » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:57 pm

Well, my Motorbike is now gone, the new owner is happy, and she looked fantastic. I took about 30 photos of her before she went, and I'll miss the bike a lot ...

Are you saying that you took about thirty photographs of the fantastic looking new female owner, or did I get that completely wrong?
[img:549:114]http://www.geocities.com/thehillview/jneon_sig2.gif[/img]
J_NeoN
Graphic Design King!

Postby Owen » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:58 pm

I never read it like that. No, 30 photos of the bike! Good call though :-)
Owen

Postby 1lightningd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:59 pm

I was thinking the same thing :!:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby J_NeoN » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:59 pm

Only messing
[img:549:114]http://www.geocities.com/thehillview/jneon_sig2.gif[/img]
J_NeoN
Graphic Design King!

Postby 1lightningd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:00 pm

Owen, can a side-car be fitted to the Ducatti? We would have some fun in the West of Ireland with that thing :lol:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:13 am

1lightningd wrote:Owen, can a side-car be fitted to the Ducatti? We would have some fun in the West of Ireland with that thing :lol:

A vision too far !! Why am i thinking Wallace and Gromit !! OR Laurel and Hardy , OR I could go on and on and on
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby bomber01 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:35 am

Bargain of the year , how could you sell it so cheep?

John
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Return to Board index

Return to Off Topic Forum