Go to footer

Bluetooth Headsets

All off-topic stuff goes here, movies you've seen, motorbike chat, restaurant recommendations, jokes, etc.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Bluetooth Headsets

Postby Owen » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:29 pm

I've got a handsfree in the R53, but in the work car, it's hard to get anything installed, as you're changing car every other day. I've previously been using a Nokia HSW4, which is fine, but any bit of wind noise upsets it to the point where callers can't hear you, and the battery life isn't the best either.

I've just bought the Aliph Jawbone 2 headset, which uses 2 microphones to cancel out noise. One on the outside like a regular mike, but a second one is pressed against ... you'll never guess ... your jawbone to get sound through bone conductivity. It compares the signal, and using US military sound cancelling tech, deletes all the background noise out. Even in Gosia's cabrio, at 60mph with the roof down! And the battery life is savage. It's also got no visible buttons, everything is done with touch sensitive controls.

The best bit about this though, is that the guy who made it, Yves Behar, is the same guy who made the MINI Motion watch too. So it has a link to the MINI world too :) What do you use in your Mini/MINI for a handsfree?

[img:357:282]http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/aliph-jawbone-2-bluetooth-headset.jpg[/img]

[img:300:200]http://motoringfile.com/pictures/2006_giftguide/300/mini_motion_watch.jpg[/img]
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby AdyP » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi Owen

I don't swap from car to car very often, but have a Bluetooth car kit from Parrot, the 3200 with colour screen. I think it's great but sometimes the other person picks up a good bit of background noise (of course it depends if my exhaust is blaring or not ) :). It's a piece of cake to use, synchronising my phonebook each time, and plays through the car speakers even if your stereo is off.

Works with Crackberries too, while many from Nokia do not.

Recommended for a fixed kit.
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby bomber01 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 pm

BlueZed wrote:Hi Owen

I don't swap from car to car very often, but have a Bluetooth car kit from Parrot, the 3200 with colour screen. I think it's great but sometimes the other person picks up a good bit of background noise (of course it depends if my exhaust is blaring or not ) :). It's a piece of cake to use, synchronising my phonebook each time, and plays through the car speakers even if your stereo is off.

Works with Crackberries too, while many from Nokia do not.

Recommended for a fixed kit.

I would have to have to agree here with bluezed... for feed back ... lol
Last edited by bomber01 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/lancasterj/IMG_2173.jpg[/IMG]
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Postby AdyP » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Just got myself a Motorola H710 headset for work/car.

It is brilliant, no need to press a button to turn it off, just fold the mic in or out to close it down or start up. Seems to have great battery life because I've been on it a good bit this week and still shows more than half charge remaining.

Voice dialling doesn't seem to work with my Nokia though...
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Off Topic Forum