Go to footer

Baby Jakub

All off-topic stuff goes here, movies you've seen, motorbike chat, restaurant recommendations, jokes, etc.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Baby Jakub

Postby Owen » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Hey Guys,

Not sure where I should have put this on the forum, but I thought the Off Topic was the best option. Not sure if many of you have heard, but there was a little boy born in Milstreet a few months back with no eyes, or optic nerves - Baby Jacob (Or Jakub if you're Polish as he is). He's got to have operations every few months to put dummy eye shaped implantes into his occular cavities which will allow his skull to develop in the right shape, preventing any potential mental defects that may occur as a result of his brain being put under pressure. The cost of these surgeries is a ridiculous 300k Euro estimate. There's a facebook group here to support him, and his family :

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Baby-J ... 427?ref=ts

I'm involved a little teeny bit in the project, there's a charity single being recorded at the moment, and I'm going into the studio next week to lay down the guitar part. There'll be a launch for the single, and I'm wondering if people in the club would be willing to do some sort of an event to support it/raise awareness/raise money? I've no idea what sort of event this might be, or how we'd go about it, but if you're up for it, let me know.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: Baby Jakub

Postby midas » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Good cause Owen, count me in.
Paul.
Plastic can't rust..........
midas
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Owen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Brilliant Paul, thanks!

Anyone else?
Owen

Postby irlmin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Any ideas of what we could do ? we could include it in our proposed charity event later in the summer . and give a donation from that .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Yeah I think definitely I could help in any way I can... I will try and think of something we could do...although if we can get good turnout to our proposed charity event..I think it's definitely a story that ties in with our own chosen charity??
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Owen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:17 pm

The problem is that Jakub needs to go abroad to get his surgeries, and it's ridiculously expensive. So if we could do some sort of a fundraiser, it would be a help, or even if we could have a raffle online with tickets sold at runs, etc. Anything at all.

The single is being recorded this week, I'm due in the studio either tomorrow, or wednesday to do my session, maybe even if we got a few MINIs somewhere outdoors for the launch of the single, and had all their radios running from the same iPod. I'm very very open to suggestions.
Owen

Postby AdyP » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

iPod connected to an FM transmitter in one car would make that work!
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Off Topic Forum