Go to footer

Donedeal.ie warning

All off-topic stuff goes here, movies you've seen, motorbike chat, restaurant recommendations, jokes, etc.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Donedeal.ie warning

Postby Owen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:17 pm

The wonderful Nigerian scammers are after discovering Donedeal, and targetting MINIs to use as scam bait. They're using expensive models and advertising them at really low prices (5400 Euro for a 05 Cooper S Cabrio for example), the contact number is invalid, the email is non existent, and to get contact details, it's listed in one of the photos of the car.

Be careful people!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: Donedeal.ie warning

Postby irlmin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:27 pm

I reported both of those MINI ads yesterday to the management at Done Deal ,there is also an 06 R56 with lots of spec at silly money as well .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby irlmin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I got a reply back from Done deal that the ads were removed and anyone that made contact with the scammers were notified .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby langdang » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 am

I saw a silver 02 automatic Mini One in Cork for 3k on Gumtree. Reg plate completely blanked, no mobile number email only, no mention of mileage, tax or NCT. Dubious (especially the lack of mobile or landline number) but not as blatant as the ones ye mentioned
http://cork.gumtree.ie/cork/96/57166896.html
Report it or not?
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Owen » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Report it. Theres actually a few different MINs on for 3k, all with the reg plate blanked. Bloody Nigerians!

Although, this site is hilarious. It's where very clever people scam back the Nigerians, into creating a replica of the commodore 64 out of wood, and hand writing out an entire Harry Potter book.

http://www.419eater.com/
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby langdang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 am

Reported it, and another more blatant one where all the other cars in the background had english plates.

I've seen the site where the guy convinces the scammer to send his lackeys to some area where there's a civil war on, and they're never heard from again - the scammer freaks when he realises he's been conned - mad stuff if you believe it!
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Off Topic Forum