Go to footer

Baby Jacob single released

All off-topic stuff goes here, movies you've seen, motorbike chat, restaurant recommendations, jokes, etc.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Baby Jacob single released

Postby Owen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 am

Some of you know I've been involved with the Baby Jacob Millstreet fundraising campaign. 40 of us recorded a single about a month ago - including John Spillane, George Patterson, and many other cork musicians - which has been released today on iTunes. It's only 99c, and is available here :

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/someth ... d374142155

I'm asking that everyone download it, and more importantly, tell everyone they know to download it too. Baby Jacob was born with no eyes and no optic nerves, and will never be able to see, but without his eyes his skull will deform and cause issues with brain development too. The money raised from the sale of the single will go towards regularly repetitive surgery until he's 7 to fit his eye sockets with expanders to ensure his skull, face, and brain develop properly.

So please download it, and tell all your friends and family to download it too. If you want to become a fan of the fundraising efforts or help out in any way, the Facebook page is here :
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-Jaco ... 5043720427

If for any reason you don't have iTunes, it doesn't take long to setup an account. If you want to use another music service the single is also available on emusic.com - a subscription based music site.

Thanks everyone, and don't forget to forward this to anyone you know!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby Bawnee » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:26 am

Just downloaded it- it's over 6 mins long!
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Baby Jacob single released

Postby Owen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Yup, the full version is 6.10 - the choir at the end is from Poland. They actually recorded themselves in Poland, and emailed the bits over to be stiched onto our song. There's a radio edit which is 4.02 but that's not available for download yet. So when you get version from iTunes, you're getting 50% extra free ;)
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby Derfinn » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Bargain! Less than 20cent a minute!
don't know whether to iPhone download, or wait till I get home......

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Off Topic Forum