Go to footer

Anyone reputable to transport a car to the UK?

All off-topic stuff goes here, movies you've seen, motorbike chat, restaurant recommendations, jokes, etc.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Anyone reputable to transport a car to the UK?

Postby An Marcach » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 pm

It looks like my TVR might be about to find a new home in the Nederlands but I'd need to arrange to have the car transported from here to Newcastle or Harwich in the UK.

I've no bother getting it to the Liverpool area but that or south of there seems to be the normal route for the transport companies.

Do any of you know of anyone who does other parts of the UK?

Oh and ideally someone who'd get the car there undamaged and not charge a fortune to do so?
An Marcach
Getting used to the place

Re: Anyone reputable to transport a car to the UK?

Postby irlmin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:17 pm

We have used Crosbie Trans Car in Wexford a few times , good reliable service to UK . have you looked at 'car shipping' direct to Netherlands from Dublin or Cork ? Try Compass Maritime or Khune Nagel . I know Grimaldi lines do a regular Cork / Europe trip but not sure which sequence it works ie is Rotterdam before or after Cork on its trip . Have you looked at driving it over and flying home ?
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Anyone reputable to transport a car to the UK?

Postby An Marcach » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:51 pm

The drive over / fly home option is the best one

I had planned to go yesterday and home today but a sequence of cock-ups meant I didn't get a rebate figure at the VRT office on Monday last so the car us still here

:(

When all things were taken into account the best option was going to be to deliver the car myself, easiest way to sort paperwork, money, etc too
An Marcach
Getting used to the place

Return to Board index

Return to Off Topic Forum