Go to footer

1978 Mini needs to be restored

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

1978 Mini needs to be restored

Postby Aidan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:20 pm

My Father recently inherited a 1978 Mini with only 12,000 miles on the clock (hasn't been driven in 20 years +!!!!).

Does anybody know a reputable place to get the car restored with genuine Mini kit?
Aidan
Just Joined!

Postby inny1300 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Hello Aidan,welcome to the site/club,your father is a very lucky man for getting a very mileage mini,there will be a few on soon (Ger)that will supply hopefully a load of information for what you are looking for on restoring the mini,where are you based and any photo's of the mini ,best regard's jon :1icon_evil:
inny1300
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Aidan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Jon,

The car is in Clontarf and has been kept in a garage for (I'd say 20 years) it could be more. I've no pictures. The bodywork is good on it, but the interior looks like it could be "freshened up"!. I'm sure there are many that would scrap the car but the fact that its an 1978 Mini with 12,000 genuine miles.......I think it would be criminal not to restore it to its former glory!! Hopefully somebody will bive me a steer on where to bring the car. Aidan
Aidan
Just Joined!

Postby inny1300 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Hello Aiden,well you got the crinimal bit right and i am glad to see another classic getting back on the road,and there should be a few on the site that will most gladly send you in the right direction,i restored my own and finish just this year,now mine wasn't that bad but it took about 2 year's to do the restore,and about 4 year's to get some of the part's,being as mine is an Innocenti mini and some part's are hard to find,and i have own the car in jan 09 for 21 year's,but it is well worth the wait to see the car back on the road best regard's jon :1icon_evil:
inny1300

Postby niallo28 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 pm

try this place, ive heard of it before in Dublin but no idea if its any good.

Mini-Fix
6 Santry cl
Postcode: Dublin 9
Area: Santry
Phone: 01 8427247
<div>[IMG:766:1020]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/ngeaney/Niallspics20092015-1.jpg[/img]</div><br>
niallo28
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby inny1300 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Hello again,i think that is Paul Kelly (dublin),if it is i say that when i spoke to him he was very good well helpful on the phone,on the west side near me you have Ray Cunningham (galway),also a nice person to deal with i have dealt with Ray for a few year's now,then you have Gerad O'Leary (cork)Another top man to deal with,and will alway's go out of he's way to see if he can help you,so they are the three people have dealt with,and i would recomend,i hope this help's regard's jon :1icon_evil:

p.s the bit i said about Gerad is not true really i was plugging for a christmas card this year from him,and he won't be able to read this small print at the bottom :icon_bigsmurf: lol lol lol
inny1300

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars