Go to footer

87, mini mayfair

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

87, mini mayfair

Postby beamer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:02 pm

well just bought this mini mayfair, cooper look alike , body seems fair , door skins, boot floor, door sills, are about the worse of it, the engine is running well and the box seems fine, will drop the subframes and change bshings, and all the suspension, bushings and arms , breakes are stuck fast, so complete overhaul needed there.
I dont seem to be able to put up a picture of the car here , but i hope to figure that out too, :1icon_colors: ,
Anyway , wish me luck, think im going to need it, have a time frame of 12 months , as its a car my son wanted and he will be 17 in nov next year so its targeted as his first car .
So far with the weather as i dont have a garage all ive managed to do is strip out the interior, going to try recover them myself so as to try save costImageImageImageImage
Last edited by beamer on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
beamer
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:18 am

Hi and welcome to the site , I am sure someone here will help with the posting of photos , as regards the Mini rebuild any help you need or technical advise just ask there are many people here that have gone through the process and are always willing to share their experience .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Bawnee » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi beamer & welcome! That's a nice project you've started! Lucky son! lol
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby beamer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks guys for your welcome , Well Shiob, the lad has been bending my ear for months about an old mini , so , anything for a quite life lol lol
Thanks Ger , ive no doubt i will have a path worn to your workshop for advice , lol lol , the advantage of being so near to your workshop , OR disadvantage fro your point of view lol lol

As for posting a picture , im totally lost :1icon_eek: , sorry guys [img]http://[/img]
beamer
Just Joined!

Postby inny1300 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Beamer,welcome to the site and good luck with the project,sounds a great one and it is nice to see a new project on the site regards jon :)
inny1300

Re: 87, mini mayfair

Postby beamer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 pm

HI, guys, been awhile since i looked in here, Finally got through the Mini, running lovely, interior sorted and recovered, lookes good even if i did do it myself and even if i do say so :) wore a path to Ger o leary for advice and parts, Cheers Ger for all the help along the way
Now the lad i bought it for has lost interest and it and it sits lovely on the drive, maybe i didnt think this through properly ,and deffo shouldnt have put him on the 2ltr bmw :1icon_pale: on the plus side i totally enjoyed the challange of doing the car to this stage , still a little to do on externals but for now looks well and presentable on the drive, and looks like thats where it will stay

still cant upload pics here , pity cause would love to here comments on the before and afters :1icon_cry:
beamer
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 am

Quite easy to post photo's :
Upload your photo's to photobucket.
Copy the IMG code of the photo (which is normally under the photo) to your post in miniclub.ie and you're done! :)
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Bawnee » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:15 am

Sorry to hear that your lad has lost interest, heart wrenching :(
Bawnee

Postby beamer » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Ahh what it is it is, he is more a spotsman anyway and doing very well in the soccer , the pity really is I was hoping to do the whole father son thing and join the club so as to enjoy the social side of the club with him, anyway as i said i enjoyed the project and indeed meeting some of the members most notable Ger himself, have seen some of his work , gifted comes to mind, also looking in here and seeing some of the work done on some of the project cars amazing

going to try again to load some images uning MiniMpi hints
beamer
Just Joined!

Postby Bawnee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 am

Never say never eh!! I also struggled with images when I first joined, it's still a work in progress!!
Bawnee

Postby beamer » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:31 am

[img]http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z455/beamer316/[img][/img][/img]
beamer
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars