Go to footer

help needed 97 cooper in need of some work

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

help needed 97 cooper in need of some work

Postby garry c » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:56 pm

hi i have a 97 cooper and really could do with some help!! iv had her for 11 years and the last few iv put her in to storage thanks recession!!!
but now would love to get her back on the road as iv always loved driving my car! now here's my problem i need some work done on the body....
1)the sills are totally gone
2)under the windscreen needs doing
3) under the front lights also more RUST!!!!
there a few other bits around the car also
other then that shes running good and needs 1 or 2 other jobs doing but can do them myself.. just really need some one who's good on the body work and i'm hoping by coming on here i mite find someone who can help or point me in the rite direction...
cheers for reading hope someone can help...
Gar
garry c
Just Joined!

Re: help needed 97 cooper in need of some work

Postby Masterbiker » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:45 am

Hey Gar, welcome to the club.

If you want to get things professionally done, get in contact with Ger (irlmin). He has a garage over in Ballincollig.

If you live in or near Cork and want to have a go yourself, don't mind someone who has 0 experience with welding bodywork (but does have experience welding other things) help then give me a poke. I do also have a mig welder. Keep in mind, since I have never done bodywork before, I have no idea if I would be any good at it :P
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars