Go to footer

Will I ever get a spark of sense ?

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Will I ever get a spark of sense ?

Postby irlmin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Look at what arrived Today !!!!!!!, yes its mini based , its 1.0 mini auto engine/box , some metro bits and its fiberglass ,designed indirectly by William Towns who was responsible for several Aston Martin models as well as the Hustler mini based kit car , Originally this was concieved as a Mini replacement Town car called the Minimissa but regulations meant that the rear only access was not good in the event of a crash and the project was shelved , the only Minimissa produced is now in Gaydon , moving along the rights were bought by Elswick which produced bikes and they modified the design to include a side door and produced and marketed the car as a 'drive from chair' motobility vehicle with adaptions to allow the user drive from a wheelchair with 2 side facing seats to the rear . the bodyshells were built by Reliant makers of such motoring 'masterpieces' as the Reliant Robin and Regal :rolleyes: :1icon_cry: :) anyway I now have the only one in captivity from new in Ireland and needing a restoration , it would be a brilliant project as its pretty simple and the body will have no corrosion . I can't see myself having the time to sort it so its for sale Image[/URL[URL=http://s113.photobucket.com/user/irlmin/media/IMG_20140611_155945221_HDR_zpsd22f22a1.jpg.html]Image
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby mini87 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:49 pm

The dragon did hanker for something smaller.......
mini87
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Will I ever get a spark of sense ?

Postby James Downes » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Well that's the maddest thing i'v seen on wheels ...

James Downes
Getting used to the place

Postby irlmin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:48 am

I think a bit of 'Paint correction' might be in order James :)
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby irlmin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Update !!!! the Elswick is off to a new owner , to join a selection of mini and mini based vehicles , new owner was last heard muttering something about a 1380 and a supercharger :) :)
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm

irlmin wrote:Update !!!! the Elswick is off to a new owner , to join a selection of mini and mini based vehicles , new owner was last heard muttering something about a 1380 and a supercharger :) :)
G

I'd say I know who that is.............. Well Done **** :)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby mini87 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:53 pm

That was my thought too :)
mini87
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars