Go to footer

My '03 Cooper S

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: My '03 Cooper S

Postby Daniel S » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:50 am

So... after going full circle again. I'm not selling it! :D

They seem to be going for so cheap that it's not worth it. Nearly bought a second car as a donor actually!

So at the moment, the sub-frame has been pulled and that's getting poly-bushes. Engine is getting a service and coolant change.

Recaro's will be going back in, I'll give the car a full detail, go through the car with a fine tooth comb and get it ready for spring! :1icon_cool:
Daniel S
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby irlmin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Wise decision I think long term , Good R53s will be very collectible in the near future , its happening already for the really good low mileage cars . remember its only a few years away to the 20th birthday of the MINI July 7th 2021 and a year later the R53 . We are living in very strange times motoring wise with the Media and the totally blind Green lobby taking us down an uncharted road with Electric cars , remember these are the same people that incentivised Diesels and brainwashed the Irish motorist into buying many diesels they did not need and look where that ended . I wont go into the whole Electric debate here BUT My point is that ínteresting and 'landmark' cars will be collectible in the near future . I recently got a very nice R53 in Bright silver and black with low mileage and will probably keep it long term . G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 pm

Good choice. What else are you going to buy for that money that’s going to give you the same enjoyment.
Ace of Spades

Postby Daniel S » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:18 am

Going to install the heated Recaro seats, but this time, with the heated parts working!

Does anyone know where I can get part 61120144084? It's the heated seat harness without the extra bits like the switch. Instead of £150 for the full kit, its usually €30.
Daniel S

Postby irlmin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am

The loom even though it has a separate part number does not seem to be available on its own , I just sent a request to one of Our suppliers in Germany to check it out . I have the complete kit new as we got it for one of Sinead's MINIs and never fitted it. PM me and I am sure we will have a deal . G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Daniel S » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:45 am

Did a deal with Ger for the harness, that's on the way.

Got the bushings off the subframe, cut the inner out with a hack saw (no press) and after cleaning them up, pressed the poly bushes using the trolley jack. All ready to bolt in today!

Hoping to get the airbox mod done this weekend also.
Daniel S

Postby Daniel S » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 am

Car back together, polybushes feel great!

Recaro seats are in and heated seat harness is halfway there! Oil change and finish the harness in the morning and off to Cars and Coffee Galway!
Daniel S

Postby FrankH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 am

Glad to hear that you decided to keep it Daniel!
We will have to meet for the next Cars and Coffee here in Feb!
FrankH
Just Joined!

Postby Daniel S » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:42 pm

End of the line for the Mini. Headgasket went and I've already started parting out bits.

After the heartache of this car, I'm going over to Honda for a bit!
Daniel S

Postby Daniel S » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 am

And she's gone. :(
Daniel S

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars