Go to footer

The Irish Festival of Speed

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

The Irish Festival of Speed

Postby IrishFestivalOfSpeed » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi MiniClub members,

My name is Jonathan and I'm here representing the Irish Festival of Speed.

I spoke to Owen and he gave me the go ahead to register and post here in the forum.

The Irish Festival of Speed, for those not already aware, is a new Irish festival which celebrates the engine in its many forms. The festival will be held on the grounds of Adare Manor on July 31st and there will be a mix of vintage, racing, modern, exotic cars, bikes and even planes and helicopters. A 1.5km asphalt track will host the Sprint Races where drivers will compete for the Dunraven Arms Cup and there will be a Concourse d'Elegance competition to try and find the car of the show!

If any Mini/MINI owners feel that their car is of a high standard and would like to display it as a static display, or indeed enter into the Sprint race (racing licence and cert required), please follow this link http://www.irishfestivalofspeed.com/entries/ and download the Expression of Interest form.

As an aside to this, the Irish Festival of Speed has decided to create reserved parking areas for Car Clubs that attend as a group. So far the Alfa Owners Club, BMW-Driver.net and Morgan Owners Club have taken avail of this. The way we are working this is that a Club rep gathers the details of interested members and then forwards the relevant information to us so we can set aside enough space for the club members on the day.

PLEASE LET GER OR FERGAL KNOW IF YOU WILL ATTEND AS SPACES ARE LIMITED

Here is our introductory video to give you a small taste of what to expect
IrishFestivalOfSpeed
Just Joined!

Irish Festival of Speed July 31st

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 pm

The Mini Club of Ireland has been invited to the inaugural Irish Festival of Speed which will be like the Irish version of Goodwood Festival in the UK. Please let Ger or Fergal know if you will attend as spaces are limited.
Here is the official release:

Adare Manor will host the first of its kind Irish Festival of Speed this August Bank holiday weekend (Sunday 31st July 2011). It will celebrate the Engine in all its facets; Racing Cars (past and present) Super Cars, Rally Cars, Motorbikes, Air Displays and more. Festivals like this have been held successfully in the UK for many years, attracting many hundreds of thousands of enthusiasts and fans annually. In addition it will commemorate the rich racing heritage of the region, in particular the 75th anniversary of the 1936 Limerick Grand Prix

Top Class Racing!!

80 or more cars will Sprint for 3km and against the clock around the Manor grounds on our specially upgraded race track. Limerick Motor Club will host the track events and every era and type will be represented like this F1 1969 World Championship winning Brabham BT24, Chevvy Camaro, 1927 Bentley, Porsche 911 and many more..

Formula 1 racing will be represented in the form of the Sasol Jordan F1 car along with a Jaguar R5 as driven by David Coulthard and Mark Webber. The Jordan will perform demonstration laps in the hands of owner Dan Daly while the Jaguar will be on static display and will be used for the charity pit stop challenge competition.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: The Irish Festival of Speed

Postby timmydamini » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:30 am

What are arrangements for this?

I'm on for it, so let me know time and place to meet. I presume we'll travel in convoy.
timmydamini
Club Leader

Postby oliver » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 pm

This looks like a great day out. Put my name down please.
Oliver
oliver
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:36 am

For those exhibiting on the Club stand We need to be in place at Adare before 8.30 am , We are meeting at 7.15 am at Topaz in Blackpool ( across from Blackpool shopping center ) and leaving at 7.30 sharp . any questions call me on 0868663828
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:28 am

Have a great time everyone at this event which looks set to become the Irish version of Goodwood ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby irlmin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:17 pm

Just returned from Adare and would like to thank Jonathan and all the organisers at the Irish Festival of Speed . We were allocated a brilliant site for the Club tent and Mini/MINI display just next to the main straight of the track where we had a really good view of the cars and bikes , some really quick minis and other historic cars were being driven like they were meant to be ------- very quickly . on the Club stand we met some new members and indeed some old friends , as an event I can see this going from strength to strength and it was good to be a small part of the event , can we come back next year please ?
I am sure there will be lots of pics later .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby timmydamini » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Great day, hope it runs again next year.
timmydamini
Club Leader

Postby minidragon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Oliver's arrival at Adare
minidragon

Postby Bawnee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Love it!!
Bawnee

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 pm

LOL !!!!!!! :)
Classic stuff (pardon the pun! )
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby oliver » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Great day out. A lot of really nice cars and bikes. Good to see everybody aswell as had been working for last few events.
oliver

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Any more photos please for those who couldn't make it? ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 pm

MiniMpi wrote:Any more photos please for those who couldn't make it? ;)

No !!!! what happened in Adare 'stays in Adare ' :) :blob10: :blob3:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby madredhead » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:58 pm

so true jer and alot of stuff happen there too .. vroooommmmmmmmmm
madredhead
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events