Go to footer

Cars n Coffee

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Cars n Coffee

Postby AdyP » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:23 am

Hi lads

This is on the first Sunday of every month in Cherrywood (last south exit of the M50).

I have been going to this a few times now and it is a great chance to see some cool cars and bikes parked up and chat to the owners about whatever really. Also there is pretty good coffee available at the nearby shop.

Maybe worth bringing a squad of Minis/MINIs next weekend for an impromptu meet?

Adrian
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Derfinn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Only been the once, the wind was whipping through...was over and back for coffees all morning. Was strung out on caffeine heading back home!

There was an absolute beauty of an E Type there that day, some lovely S2000s and a handful of classic Americana machines.

The morning just flew. Always mean to go back. Will be away for the next one, though.
Derfinn

Re: Cars n Coffee

Postby AdyP » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Adam's first time he got a ride in an Elise, second time a sit in a Lamborghini. Tough keeping up with that sort of competition, no matter what you drive! :)

You are right though, good to be dressed for a bit of wind up there, especially in February/March.
AdyP

Postby MiniMpi » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Sounds promising buddy.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby An Marcach » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:47 pm

It's generally a good meet, the organisers don't tolerate anyone acting the boll!x and that means a lot.

It's over an hour and a half from me but any time it's on and I'm free I make the trip.

Oh and it's on tomorrow in case anyone fancies a morning out
An Marcach
Getting used to the place

Postby AdyP » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:57 pm

If it's not miserable I am heading down there for a bit. Local to me so v handy.
AdyP

Postby AdyP » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:22 pm

The meet is on again this Sunday. Thinking of a quick run down Sally Gap to Laragh afterwards if anyone local is up for it?
AdyP

Postby Derfinn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Should be there Adrian.
Can't quite state yet how clean the Countryman will be yet, though....
Derfinn

Postby Vexorg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Im sailing most Sundays, except when wind is really up, will make it along when sailing changes to Saturday:)
Vexorg

Postby Vexorg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Didnt realise how close Cherrywood is to Dun Laoghaire, how long do you stay in Cherrywood? am usually back in the marina by 12/12.30, would love to sit in Adrians JCW and Ger's new Black Turbo what ever it is.
Vexorg

Postby AdyP » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:03 pm

So anyone who is joining us tomorrow, we will be grouping up at about 10:30 in Carrickmines retail park, which is one junction after Sandyford when heading south on the M50. We'll park up pretty close to the entrance so arrivals can meet up. We'll hang on there for a wee while, and then head one junction South which is signposted Cherrywood. Get off at that junction, and then drive down to the next roundabout (note a 60kph limit, often guards will be in on the left to catch silly folk). Take a right and at the next small roundabout you will take a right into the car park (probably full of cars already).

Depending on how we are doing we may head on for a run at about 12 or so.

See you there guys!
AdyP

Postby AdyP » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 pm

That was a great little run folks, good to meet you Ian (nice Clubby) and thanks for coming up today (Sarah and Amy looking impressively well considering their previous night of cavorting), C&C had a great turnout of some nice wheels despite it turning into a decidedly damp morning! While most attendees retreated to their warm and dry houses, the MC loonies proceeded to buzz down the Sally Gap roller coaster/waterfall to Laragh for a bite to eat and some mutual p***-taking which is always worth a run for.

Ger, looking forward to seeing the transformation of Black Beauty into a WRC refugee ;)

Consider this to be the first of many, as I think it is a good kick-off for a Sunday. Those who are travelling far, we can find out some good spots to stay at locally the night before too.

Cheers lads!
AdyP

Postby Vexorg » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Sorry to have missed this, any pics? Is Black Beauty a Countryman? S or JCW?
Vexorg

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm glad there was a good turnout Adrian, thanks for your help and for sorting a run afterwards. Top man :)
Myself and Louise will make the next one ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby mini87 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi Adrian!
Thanks for a great day and a fab run. It was amazing to see all the cars esp our gorgeous new MINIs and the Aston DB9 (drool). The route for the run was amazing lots of great views and twisty turns. Lovely spot for lunch too! So good to have a catch up!
We will def be coming to C and C again soon, Sean is esp keen to see the American muscle!
Thanks again and congrats on the JCW she's a beauty.
A
mini87

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events