Go to footer

Minis on the Wild Atlantic Way - Part 1

Our forum for planning and announcing events - plenty of info here on finished events too. Keep an eye on this forum so you can have a great outing in your Mini with the rest of the Club!

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: Minis on the Wild Atlantic Way - Part 1

Postby Vexorg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Guys, have a great weekend, really wish I could make this, I was in Crosshaven last week, but the drive there cant really compare to a spin round West Cork/Kerry. Is there a Forum Sponsorship Fund I can paypal a donation into or paypal to someone going?
Vexorg
Getting used to the place

Postby MiniMpi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Hi Gerry,

There isn't a dedicated forum sponsorship fund, you could donate directly to the West Cork Rapid Response Unit website if you wish or you could PayPal myself on my PayPal address and I'll add you to my sponsorship card.
Pm me if you wish to do the later.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Home and wrecked !!! But very happy :)
An absolutely Fantastic Event from start to finish.
A MASSIVE Thank You to Ger & Paulie for the amazing route and roadbooks and the very very challenging treasure hunt :)
And Thanks also to Sarah Hudson, Karl, Marie, Amy, Sean & Oilver for their hard work organising the Charity part of the event.
Both myself & Lou had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.
Sneem Hotel yet again was Stunning, Thanks to Nicola and of course the adorable "Red" the red setter :)

Also a very Special Thanks to Gerry Shanahan(vexorg) who made a Very Generous donation to the Charity event though he couldn't attend !!

I'll upload photos to the website tomorrow.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Here are my photos of the event :)

It was great to have "The Italian Job" element in the shape of a stunning Lancia Beta Coupe from Denis in the Kinsale Vintage Club !

Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby mini87 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Wow guys, what a weekend! From start to finish it was amazing! We had an amazing turnout; 18 minis and 1 gorgeous Lancia made the trip to Sneem to join in the fun. The treasure hunt was a blast and saw a gaggle of members scampering around Sneem town to find solutions to the cryptic and frankly brilliant clues. A little bit of madness followed in the hotel that night lol. The next morning bright and early we enjoyed a lovely breakfast to fuel us for the busy day ahead. We departed Sneem hotel and headed for the Wild Atlantic Way!

An amazing route was in store for us with twists and turns all with an incredible vista of the Atlantic coastline. We had a lovely lunch in Glengarriff before heading out again for another spin along the waterfront. We parked up at the Maritime hotel Bantry for a reception with the West Cork Rapid Response unit where they spoke about where our funds would go. The private auction and raffle followed with many lucky members walking away with fantastic prizes!

Thanks to MINI Ireland, Otterbox, Sean Cooney at MMD Distribution, Movie Junction, The Hudson family at Jerry's Hair Salon Cork, The Edwardes Family, Adrian Parry and Marie Ring for generously donating spot prizes.

A great weekend was had by all, raising a lot of funds for West Cork Rapid Response.
Final figure to be announced following submission of all sponsorship cards :blob9:

Thanks to everyone who put so much work into organising the event, and thanks to those who attended. With our donations to WCRR we really will help make a difference :)

mini87
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby swampette » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:05 am

Hi guys !! What an amazing weekend .... I don't know about you but I'm still recovering ! First off thank you so much to everyone who made the effort to come and take part - I know we put in a lot of effort organising the event but it would have been nothing if you hadn't been there - all of YOU made the weekend !! Also everyone was so generous in their donations and especially at the raffle - we had a target in our minds as to how much we wanted to raise for the west cork rapid response unit and although there is still money pouring in , it's safe to say we have blown that target out of the water !! As Amy said , we will have a final figure in the next week or so , but I think we will really make a difference to the organisation and that is what we set out to do (and had a blast at the same time !)
Big thanks as well to all the people who kindly donated spot prizes (see Amy's post above ) and to Nicola in Sneem Hotel for looking after us !! I think it's fair it say we left our stamp on the place as always (in the form of a lemon named Olaf... Who would have thought it ?) .
Another big thanks to the Maritime Hotel in Bantry for giving us a room and some well needed tea and coffee at the end of the day for our raffle and prize giving.... Completely free of charge .... So it's great to see local businesses also supporting the West Cork Rapid Response Unit and we will certainly be ringing them again !!
Finally once again it is is you guys that make each event so much fun - having been part of this club for nearly 8 years now , there have been lots of changes, and lots of new faces but one thing remains and that is the laughs we have and the new friendships that are built. To quote someone that has been in the club far longer than I have ...."same circus , different set of clowns"!!
Cheers guys , Sarah xx
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette

Postby Sportspack-Mark » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks to all who made this possible. I had a fantastic time and will definitely be back down for another event if you will have me back :P
Sportspack-Mark

Postby swampette » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:35 am

Hi guys. ... Just to give you an update !! We have added up all the money and we have a final figure to announce .... Can I get a drumroll please ..... We raised a whopping €3000 for the west cork rapid response unit !!!! Well done to everyone who took part and collected money !! It\'s an amazing figure and far more than we had hoped for ! So this Friday the 15th we are presenting the cheque to the west cork rapid response at 7pm at the maritime hotel in Bantry. We will be meeting some of the volunteers and will also have a bite to eat there so if anyone would like to join us you are all more than welcome !! Once again guys , thank you so much from all of us here at Miniclub HQ.... We are delighted and really appreciate your support !! Well done !
[IMG]http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/sarahedwardes/n752875704_7677792_196574.jpg[/IMG]
swampette

Postby oliver » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Sarah & Karl presented the cheque this evening to West Cork Rapid Response on behalf of the Mini Club of Ireland.
Below are a few photographs at the Maritime Hotel.

oliver

Postby AidenL » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:24 am

So what's the story on 2015?

Is it definite, and what's the proposed route?
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby irlmin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:33 am

Hi Aiden,
Good to hear from you , yes there will be a Minis on the Wild Atlantic Way in 2015 , expect an announcement in the next few weeks , route will be a section of the WAW that's all we can say yet :) ;) .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby AidenL » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Ger, same, glad to see you lot are still around.

I'll keep an eye out then !
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby thehat » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Likewise, i'm lurking for news, hope to be back over in my F56 S
thehat
Getting used to the place

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Club Events