Go to footer

Help! With Spiralling Costs...Mini One 2007 R56

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Help! With Spiralling Costs...Mini One 2007 R56

Postby joehc » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi All - 1st time visitor here and looking for some expert advice ;-)
Anyone know of good independent that can handle replacing a catalytic converter? The main dealer prices are scary so any help/advice would be appreciated. Is it best to go main dealer for something like this?

Thanks for your help. J.
joehc
Just Joined!

Re: Help! With Spiralling Costs...Mini One 2007 R56

Postby irlmin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Give Me a call Tomorrow and I am sure we can help we can help , we fit lots of these and they are now reasonably priced ,what mileage is on the MINI ? . anyway call on 0868663828 and I am certain we can sort the problem , BTW who diagnosed "cat' failure ? and are you certain its an accurate diagnosis ? We spend lots of time solving misdiagnosed problems on MINIs where some workshops diagnose by component replacement ( at customers cost of course) rather than zoning in on the problem by diagnostic and experience methods .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Help! With Spiralling Costs...Mini One 2007 R56

Postby joehc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks for the reply! I will give a call as soon as possible. It's got 80k KM on the clock. There were actually two sets of diagnostics done. the 1st only flagged the O2 sensor upstream. The second flagged the cat and both up and downstream sensors. I would be inclined to trust the 2nd result as the car had lost power on acceleration on the motorway recently. In any case - will give a call. thanks again.
joehc
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help