Go to footer

Rough Idle on 1994 Carb Mini

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Rough Idle on 1994 Carb Mini

Postby Jonknight » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Hello everyone after a few years away from minis, I had an mpi cooper and a 2003 cooper S, I've just bough a 94 1275 carburetor mini 35 that I'm going to restore. Mechanically its in good shape with a fresh nct its more the body needs attention, a little tatty but not very rusty. The one issue that's bugging me is that on idle it seems to hunt a bit and also I'm getting a little overrun after switching off the ignition. I'm wondering was the fuel mixture leaned out for the test and would this cause it or do I just need a tune up? It has new plugs and just serviced. Runs smoothly once revs are raised. Any help would be great.
Jonknight
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Rough Idle on 1994 Carb Mini

Postby bomber01 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 am

hI jon,
Welcome back hope you got sorted,.. just a bit of advise if the car has been lying for some tome drain the fuel out
if not you will get very similar symptons.

john
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc67/lancasterj/IMG_2173.jpg[/IMG]
bomber01
Club Treasurer

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help