Go to footer

Mini One, grinding noise when press clutch pedal

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Mini One, grinding noise when press clutch pedal

Postby cipitar » Mon May 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi Guys,

My gf's 2005 1.6 petrol Mini One has started to make a high pitched grinding noise when the clutch pedal is pressed in. Goes into gear ok, and drives fine, just that horrid noise. Pedal also not releasing back fully every time. Mechanic going to look at it today, mentioned the release bearing as a possible cause. Just wondering if anyone has any other thoughts or likely causes and costs to repair. Would like to be a bit better informed when he comes back to me. Down in West Cork, in case anyone knows a good Mini mechanic around there...

Thanks,

Gerry.
cipitar
Just Joined!

Re: Mini One, grinding noise when press clutch pedal

Postby irlmin » Mon May 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi Gerry ,
It will be release bearing , they break up and go through the 'pressure' plate , they also damage the clutch 'fork' which holds and activates the bearing , make sure you use a decent branded clutch kit as there is some cheap rubbish on the market and it won't last . give me a call on 086 8663828 if We can help .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Mini One, grinding noise when press clutch pedal

Postby cipitar » Mon May 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Great stuff, good to have that info. I'll be talking to the mechanic tomorrow, and I can pass on that info to make sure he gets the branded kit. He came recommended as someone who works on Mini, so we'll see what he says after he's had a look and go from there.

Much appreciated,

Gerry.
cipitar
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help