Go to footer

Track days

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Track days

Postby Daniel S » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 am

Hi,

Looking to get a spare set of wheels for a few track days. I'm currently using 205/45R17 but I think going to 14/15/16 inch wheels might be better.

What's everyone else running for track days?

Thanks,

Dan
Daniel S
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Track days

Postby irlmin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:08 am

The problem you are going to have with 14 or 15 wheels are not enough rubber on the road and also brake restrictions as very few wheels will fit over works brakes in 14/15 wheels . I would concentrate on getting very light wheels in either 16 or 17 , wheels are unsprung weight and the lower unsprung weight the better . also there is a decent range of tyres available in 16/17 inch sizes .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Track days

Postby Daniel S » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 am

Significant cost implications going with bigger wheels though. I've the R56S brakes so might be tricky to get smaller wheelsover the fronts.

The 17" OZ wheels I have at the moment are great but tyres will be well over €100/corner. To buy another set of 17" wheels would be expensive too.
Daniel S
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help