Go to footer

06 Mini One, 1.6 petrol, drivers side window not working

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

06 Mini One, 1.6 petrol, drivers side window not working

Postby cipitar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi all,

Problem this evening with the drivers side window on our 05, 1.6 petrol Mini One. Noticed the window had not closed up after closing the door. When I tried to lower or raise the window, there was a sad old whirring noise from the motor, glass did not move and then nothing at all from the motor, but could hear a clicking (relay ??). Anyways I was able to pull the glass fully up by hand and close the door, although the glass slips back down pretty easily. Assuming the motor is done for, but figured it might be worth asking in case there is some easy fix. Happy to bring her up to you in Ballincolling Ger, if you could have a look either ?

Regards,

Gerry.
cipitar
Just Joined!

Re: 06 Mini One, 1.6 petrol, drivers side window not working

Postby irlmin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:02 pm

If there is a grinding noise in there its the window regulator cables broken and or guide wheels seized , I am afraid it will be a new window regulator to sort it out . ( we did 3 of them last week ) not a major job on the R50 normally around an hour .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: 06 Mini One, 1.6 petrol, drivers side window not working

Postby cipitar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Thanks Ger, I will give you a ring on Monday and sort out getting the car up to you to do it.

Regards,

Gerry.
cipitar
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help