Go to footer

R50 mini cooper abs light

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

R50 mini cooper abs light

Postby Cooper 15 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi all new to here have a 2002 mini cooper with a abs light on speedo not working fuel gauge is not accurate and the outside temp display is not working.did a scan got codes 5e14 and 5e16 all speed sensors are reading on live data fuses are ok
Cooper 15
Just Joined!

Re: R50 mini cooper abs light

Postby irlmin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi , When you say ABS light on the speedo is not working do you mean it never comes on ? even before you start it with ignition on , if thats the case I would assume some 'cowboy' has removed the bulb to mask an ABS fault ( you wouldn't believe the lengths some people will go to to pass NCT without spending money , fine on non safety critical items but Dangerous on ABS and Airbags etc ). if light comes on with ignition and does not go off shortly after start I would assume either a wiring fault or ABS unit failure or fault , quiet common fault on R50 .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help