Go to footer

2015 Mini Cooper 1.5D

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

2015 Mini Cooper 1.5D

Postby FBOT » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:55 pm

I am looking at buying a 2015 Mini Cooper 5 Door Hatch (1.5D) with 27k miles on it. It would be my first experience with a Mini. I have heard different views on the reliability of the BMW version of the MIni so thought I might ask the people in the know for their option/experiences....any thoughts, views, comments?
FBOT
Just Joined!

Re: 2015 Mini Cooper 1.5D

Postby irlmin » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:27 pm

The F56 range of MINIs is proving to be very reliable and a very good build quality . just a few things to keep in mind , no 1 is forget MINIs abysmal long service intervals and get an oil/filter change every 10000KM max. also are you sure you really need a diesel as the petrol Cooper is really economical and much cleaner , understandable if you are doing over 50000KM a year but with Cooper petrols giving in excess of 50 mpg I would have a think on that one . some of our customers are getting 60 mpg on Cooper models and I always get over 40 mpg on My Cooper F56 S in everyday use . anyway if you are looking at a 2014 on F56 you will have no major issues BUT as I already said ignore MINI service schedules and have regular oil changes .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion