Go to footer

Correct Thermostat Housing

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Correct Thermostat Housing

Postby mc_mini » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:39 pm

I recently had a coolant leak which was diagnosed as a cracked thermostat housing. The thermostat was also stuck open so both were replaced and coolant flush and refill done. All seemed to be okay for about a month but noticed last week that the level has dropped again. I topped it off and now it has gone down again. I have it booked in this week to try to diagnose an NCT emmisions fail and high oil usage. I'll get them to check the coolant leak too. Is there anything in particular that is problematic on the mini?

Also I noticed today that the thermostat housing has a green temperature sensor. I've read elsewhere that it should be brown as the temp spec was changed from 112c to 104c. Should I insist on having this part changed?

Car is a 2009 built Mini One 1.4 Petrol.
mc_mini
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help